Welcome to our website!
‘Birds of paradise
special educational needs’
Tel : 07825581444 brothers
Registered Charity No:1144208DONATE
support us by donating to the FIRST SPECIAL NEEDS MADRASSAH
Growing up with a sibling with severe learning difficulties as a result of microcephaly, I could see first-hand the struggles my parents faced in accessing madrasah education in a mainstream setting. I vowed to myself at an early age that I would one day do something about this and with the grace of The Almighty my dream came to fruition in 2007 in the form of an after school club at Newfield – a school catering for children with special educational needs, where I was on placement during my teacher training. A handpicked team of enthused undergraduates joined me in my mission to deliver a fun filled and engaging hour of activities to meet the religious and cultural needs of students in our care, through a holistic approach. It was an instant success and we had a huge amount of fun along the journey – from bringing the hajj to life (re-enactment with ehrams and all!) to a trip to the central mosque where students were given their very own grand tour and a special party afterwards. For some students, particularly those that were wheelchair users this was their first ever visit to a masjid and my team and I were honoured to be a part of it!
Since its inception in 2007 much has changed at Tuyoorul Jannah; our original hand-picked team are no longer undergraduates, the number of learners we cater for is no longer just six, and our remit extends far beyond just delivering madrasah education. However, our vision and enthusiasm remains the same, that we work to empower the individuals we serve to achieve their full potential in every aspect of their lives (and we definitely still have just as much fun!)READ MORE
Our vision: to provide every individual, with the opportunity and enabling environment to grow and flourish to achieve their full potential. Our mission
- To meet the varying needs (including religious and cultural needs) of individuals with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) using a holistic approach.
- To provide a nurturing environment that is happy, safe and stimulating through a team of highly skilled specialist staff
- To ensure it is a beacon of excellence and leading force for SEND within the local and extended community (raising awareness, and delivering training and development programmes).
- Working in partnership as part of a multi-agency network to meet the needs of individuals with SEND and their families.
- Training and support for teachers who would like to set up classes in their local mosque.
- Advice and guidance for teachers who have students with SEN locally.
- Our support in your mosque for students who wish to remain in the mosque they are currently in.
- A fun and hands on approach to learning for mild, moderate or severe disabilities
Specialist advice & informationRead More..
Training for teachers in mainstream maktabsRead More..
Multifunctional rooms- to hold meetings and advice centre for the publicRead More..
Respite centre – focusing on giving people with disabilities an option with an Islamic ethosRead More..